As the reviews for Ridley Scott’s much anticipated film, Prometheus trickle in, there are two common threads amongst these reviews. One, unfortunately for us as film goers, is that the film is a mild disappointment. In an effort to avoid spoilers, I haven’t read much of these reviews other than the lead paragraph.
Secondly, this piece of advice may be a bit too late for many, but do not go into the film thinking that Prometheus is a prequel to Scott’s Alien. Prometheus exists in the world established by the Alien franchise, but it’s something different.
As a public service announcement, let’s lower our expectations a bit about the film. We know we’re going to see a beautifully constructed film, but perhaps the film is lacking a little bit in the story department. That’s what you’re going to get with writer Damon Lindeloff. A really strong premise that doesn’t necessarily play off at the end. Also, don’t expect all of your questions about the initial Alien films to be answered. Just forget about it and try to enjoy Prometheus for what it is.
- iceman9999 likes this
- mahabra695 reblogged this from untitledfilmblog and added:
- suphiozkaya reblogged this from untitledfilmblog
- suphiozkaya likes this
- areopagiticas likes this
- merkin-me-crazy reblogged this from untitledfilmblog
- tumbld-to-town reblogged this from untitledfilmblog
- rrainking reblogged this from untitledfilmblog
- rrainking likes this
- garbagebaby likes this
- mike-ambs likes this
- downtomybones likes this
- thenicklaus reblogged this from untitledfilmblog
- chocolate-socrates likes this
- fwoopdedoop reblogged this from untitledfilmblog
- untitledfilmblog posted this